Life on the River

A Journey unfolding.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Thursday Night's alright for Second.........


My Homegame Page is Here

Crap. Second again. I love spoiling the surprise when I don't win. Get your own damn Blog I say : )

We played on Thursday since Ronnie would be out of town on Friday and most of us can't function if we miss poker night. Well, let's just say the hardcore users were there. 9 of us. Top prize only being paid tonight. $180. (If nobody buys back in that is)

I'm lucky enough to draw a number to get me sat at my favorite of the two tables.

Blinds $10 and $20 qith a starting stack of $1000 each.
The first hand of the night brings fireworks as usual. I'm fortunate enough to have Johnny "Buzz" draw high card and put me one off the button and soon I am gazing down at a pair of treys. Not a bad way to start off. Everyone limps in and when it comes to me I do the same, praying for a trey and an ace on the flop to bust someone with. My enthusiasm is quickly entinguished when Johnny makes it 200 to go from the button. No doubt Johnny has absorbed some of the knowlegde from TJ's book which I have so graciously let him borrow becasue his old play would have been to limp in as well and get a bad beat handed to him. Tonight he was playing agressive and nobody knew what to think. "Action" Tommy lived up to his name and made the lone call. I don't remember much more of the hand except that Johnny got half Tommys chips on the first hand when he flipped over two black aces he had dealt top himself. Way to go Johnny. Tommy would rebuy 30 minutes later and fatten the prize pool to $200.

8:45pm About an 1 1/2 hours into the game I get into a pot with Toby and he slowplays a pair of aces on my as I had hit a pair of Kings on the flop. $600 pot to Toby. It wasn't too long before a series of bad calls and unfortunate turns that I had dwindled down to $350 in chips. Time to make a move with the blinds approaching $40 and $80. I came up against Toby again about 20 minutes later and I reraised him and his now giant stack ( he had built a retaining wall of $200 red chip stacks to guard his Easter Island of dotted $200 stacks of blue ) with my favorit hand of late, J10 suited. The flop hit me just right with a ravishing J 8 2 rainbow with one diamond. I pushed all in and Toby was the only caller in a pot now containing nearly $1000. Toby had called with K9 for second pair. The turn and river were blanks and I had quadrupled up.

I don't remember how Jimmy had busted out, but when I turned around once time I just saw he had flown the coop. I always like seeing Lucky Ass Jimmy out of the game.

I coasted into the final table and I liked my position. The final table looked like this.

Me
to the left.....
Johnny "Buzz"
Jimbo
Bosey
Sammy
Toby
Ronnie
Tommy

The first hand of the Final table always seems to hold tons of self-inflicted drama and tonight was no exception. Blinds are now at $40 and $80. I am in the BB thanks to Ronnie drawing a Queen to grab the button and I squeeze out QJ offsuit. Johnny had limped in UTG and so had 5 others right in line. I saw an excellent chance to steal a ton of chips so I pushed all in for $1200. Johnny immediately called and went all in over the top of me and shut the rest of the players out. When he dropped down AJd I was mortified. I was dominated, unsuited better than a 3-1 underdog. Not to mention that Johnny had me covered by a mile. I cursed and spouted off the odds to Johnny whop seemed quite pleased with himself. When the flop brought me a Divine Lady I quicky sprang into the lead and held on to double up. Yummy.

The second hand of the final table was another dandy. I held Q9 offsuit in the Small Blind and I limp in with about 4 others. The BB is Jimbo, who checks (holding K4h).

FLOPPY K 9 6 rainbow. Everyone checks around.

TURN Qd putting two diamonds on the boar, and me two pair.

I am first to act and I bet out $200 into a pot of over $600. Jimbo raises $300 and I flat call after a brief and staged moment of thought.

RIVER 3d and I love my hand, even with a flush draw on the board.

Since I am trapping at this point, I check it and leave the betting to dear old dad who promptly peels off $400 and stamps it down muttering "raise". Playing it safe I decide to just call instead of reraising. I ask "What ya got" and Jimbo sheepishly announces "Kings". He says "You ?" ........."Two pair", I say confidently.

"Nice Hand". "Thanks Dad".


Yada Yada Yada. I knock out a few guys and it's down to Myself, Ronnie and Jimbo.

I take out Jimbo on a hand I don't recall and creep into the chip lead. Ronnie and I play back at each other for 30 minutes or so, exchanging the lead three times before he took me out by catching trips on the turn and river after I had flopped top pair and bet out. Ronnie had called me with two overs and he caught one of them on the turn. My tourney was over when I foolishly pushed all in with my pair of sevens on that turn and Ronnie had his first win in months secured. Congrats to Ronnie. I guess it's good business to have the house win one every so often.

Video Snipet.................

Any Idea who it on ? I've got a pretty good idea. ( expilcit )

This weeks we are back to Friday night. I hope the River is Kind. - Cincy Sean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home