Life on the River

A Journey unfolding.

Friday, May 06, 2005

I lied.

I didn't Uninstall UB. But I am finished with Online Poker for a bit. I need a break. I think my wife needs me to take a break too. I am going to use this Blog to talk about poker anyhow. I'll be telling you about my Friday Night homegame instead. I have been playing so much online poker that my heads hurts. My play has went in the shitter and I have been playing for fun and not playing to win. I just don't have the time to dedicate to playing tight since my job is so hectic this time of year. I'll be back. That's for sure. I still have Ultimate Points on Ub to play with ; )

Tonight is my home game. It's 30 miles out into the backwoods of NC. A scary placeif you are not caucasian or even if your name ain't Bubba or Dale for that matter. We play a Texas Holdem Tourney. Sometimes as few as 8 people and sometimes as much as 19 at three tables. I have never won it in the three months I have been going. Lots of seconds and thirds, lots of monster chip stacks given away on bad bluffs. I never seems to get any cards when the final table comes and I am not a very patient man. Tonight is another chance.

With the Buy-in set at a fixed $20 we usually pay out around $200 for first and sometimes $120 or so for 2nd if we have a big crowd. Most times it is just first place getting paid. I think the rules state that I will finish in the first place not paying out : O

Wish me luk. My Poker Bankroll needs it.

Chase

PS> Look for a new Podcast from the Brits at http://PokerPodcast.Blogspot.com today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home