Life on the River

A Journey unfolding.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I'm lazy. Congrats to Cousin BJ on his Main Event Win!

Sorry this took so long. Both of you who read this should expect more timely updates for sure. I've been in a peculiar mood as of late and procrastination will be my favorite word tomorrow. Perhaps the next day. But here it goes.

BJ won it all ! The $50 NL Holdem Main Event Tourney is over ! $400 into the bankroll of my favorite cousin. BJ played tight all night, getting down low and coming back with big hands time after time. He held out to beat Jason in a back and forth heads up match that saw some big chip swings on some mediocre hands.

I got busted out with K 10s when some guy who had never been to the game before decides to call my post flop bet when I hit my King with his inside nut straight draw after seeing the next card come off the deck. We both saw it I'm sure. I saw it was a 10 and it gave me two pair. He saw it and then decided to raise after saying call. It was a sticky situation and if I knew the guy at all It might have ben an ugly scene. Oh well, I saw the 10 and was happy to see it, I guess that's what I get.

I did come home late and manage to run my recent $25 deposit on Ultimate Bet into nearly $70. Not anything major but it might spell a turnaround for the online game that had deteriorated to the point of flounder.

I promise a better post when the next game comes around. This week I am off to visit family and won't be playing. Please

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home